We are very cognizant of the difficult financial state of many of our programs and have conscientiously tried to keep our fee increases as low as possible yet retain the fiscal health of the CoARC. The CoARC Board approves an annual budget to maintain sufficient financial, personnel, and other resources to carry out its operations effectively and efficiently. However, because of projected increases in travel and personnel costs, building repair and maintenance costs, and planned improvements to our Annual Report of Current Status reporting software, we were compelled to increase the Annual Fee for Accreditation Services effective January 1, 2019 (see fee schedule above and below). This is the only fee that was increased. Our fees still remain lower than many other accreditation agencies, and we will continue to endeavor to keep them as low as possible in the future.
The CoARC relies solely on its accreditation fees to carry out its mission. The CoARC’s decision to increase fees will allow us to continue to:
- Improve the efficiency of our information technology processes and web-based applications, including internal databases and network, the new annual reporting tool, and a revised website- all designed to provide additional resources to programs, students, and the public;
- Improve our website, forms, and other accreditation documents in an ongoing effort to minimize potential reporting burdens to programs seeking and maintaining accreditation;
- Improve accountability to the public regarding accreditation information, aggregate statistical information on outcomes, graduation and enrollment data, general information on programs, CoARC actions, and public notices;
- Continue our efforts to provide accurate, clear, and timely information to the higher education community, the professions, and to the public concerning standards and procedures for accreditation and the status of accredited programs;
- Provide effective orientation, training, and professional development program for key program personnel, including more frequent webinars, at no additional cost to attendees. The increase in webinars will offset program travel costs and allow greater flexibility to attend these professional development activities.
The CoARC Board and Executive Office will continue to provide quality accreditation services to your institution and appreciate your support as we strive to meet the needs of the respiratory care profession.
For questions regarding fees, contact Shane Keene, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com or
call (817) 283-2835 ext 107
Find CoARC Accredited Programs
Map of Program Outcomes
Program and Personnel Changes