At its meeting on September 24-25, 2012, the CHEA Board of Directors reviewed the recommendation of the CHEA Committee on Recognition regarding the recognition application submitted by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). The board of directors accepted the committee’s recommendation and granted recognition to CoARC.
CHEA is a private, non-profit, national organization comprised of over 3,000 degree-granting higher education institutions as well as over 60 regional, institutional, and professional accrediting organizations. It serves as a national voice for voluntary accreditation and quality assurance to the U.S. Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, and to the general public, opinion leaders, students, and families. To achieve recognition by CHEA, organizations must demonstrate compliance with CHEA’s Recognition Standards which include:
- Advancing academic quality;
- Demonstrating accountability;
- Encouraging, where appropriate, self-scrutiny and planning for change and needed improvement;
- Employing appropriate and fair procedures in decision making;
- Demonstrating ongoing review of accreditation practice; and
- Possessing sufficient resources.
For more information about CHEA and its recognition process, visit www.chea.org